How to make sundried sweetened tamarind
- tamarind (large, big, straight and healthy)
- Soak tamarind in the water for 3 hours
- Peel off the skin
- MAKE SURE – DON’T BREAK … DON’T CHOP OFF…
- Soak it in the water with sea salt for 3 days
- Take tamarind out
- Cut along the fruit to remove the seeds
- Stab around each tamarind by using small sharp utensil likes fork,…
- Soak it in the water 1 more day.
- Take tamarind out.
- Add sugar to tamarind.
- Place on the stove, COOK 8-10 minutes
- Remove from the stove and soak it again in the sugar
- When see the tamarinds are clear, place each piece on the tray and dry them under the sun for 2 days.
- When the tamarinds are dried, wet them with one layer sugar.
- Then another thinned layer of sugar before wrapping.
- Total time: 9-10 days (sunshine), 11-12 days (bad weather)
Cooking Recipes You Might Like
- Cach lam mon mut dua thom ngon (How to make dried sweetened coconut ribbon) (0.880)
- Me Ngam Cam Thao (Soaked Tamarind with Liquorice) (0.620)
- Banh Cam & Banh Cong (Vietnam) - Southern Vietnam Sweetened Donuts (0.500)
- Banh Canh Bot Gao Luc Tom Cua - Shrimp & Crab Brown Rice Udon Soup (based on Ms. Ho Duc Thieu Anh's Recipes) (0.500)
- Banh Cuon Trang Chao (Savory Flat Rice Flour Cake) (0.500)
- Cach Lam Mut Bi (How to make dried sweetened winter melon) (0.186)
- Mut Gung Deo - Uyen Thy's Cooking (Wet Sweetened Ginger-Papaya) (0.106)
- Banh Bao Chi - Uyen Thy's Cooking (Sweet Rice Flour Unbaked Cup Cake) (0.046)
- Banh Cay - Uyen Thy's Cooking (Fried Spicy Cake) (0.046)
- Nuoc Uong - Uyen Thy's Cooking (Margarita) (0.046)
- Chicken Santa Fe - Uyen Thy's Cooking (RANDOM - 0.046)