Cach lam mon mut dua thom ngon ~ How to make dried sweetened coconut ribbon
Ingredients to make dried sweetened coconut ribbon:
- Coconut (not young and not old), sugar (white), milk, vanilla, artificial color or pandan leave extract
- a knife, a pot /pan, chopsticks, a tray, oven…
How to make dried sweetened coconut ribbon?
- Clean coconut; detach the coconut’s meat.
- Slice (thick: 1 mm, long: couple cm)
- Wash to remove outer coconut oil.
- Leave there 15-20 minutes until all water exit.
- 1kg coconut : 400-600 gram sugar = mix
- color: can use artificial color or extracted panda leave.
- Leave there until sugar is dissolved (3-5 hrs)
- a pot + mixed coconut + medium heat + stir every 10 minutes = until all sugar formed around the coconut and the coconut dried.
- remove from the heat and spread the dried coconut on a tray allowing drying.
Cách làm món mứt dừa thơm ngon – How to make dried sweetened coconut ribbon
- while stirring, adding vanilla or color (optional)
- stir slowly