one of saving money way, stress free and
build up confident, healthy and youth.
- 1 lb fresh ginger
- 1.5 lbs sugar
- 0.5 lb shredded papaya or made from scratch
- alum (phen chua)
- lime stone (voi)
- 1 lime (cut & squeeze to get juice)
- ginger: peel the skin, cut into thin slices, stack 3-5 slices then cut into tiny strings / thin shreds
- soak ginger in lime stone water for overnight; WASH
- alum water: water + a piece of alum = MIX well + ginger = WASH
- a pot: water, place on the stove, turn on the heat + 1 tbsp alum = BOIL until alum is dissolved + ginger = BOIL for 10 seconds = Remove the pot from the heat, drain with cold water after transfer to a colander…
- papaya = peel the skin, cut into strips, soak in lime stone water mixed overnight, drain all the water out and clean with cold water, set a side.
- add ginger and papaya = Mix well + add sugar = Mix well
- set a saucepan on the stove and turn on the stove at high heat; pour all mixture (ginger+papaya+sugar); add lemon juice; stir well at the high heat allowing sugar is dissolved (do not add any water); STIR until sugar is dissolved and mixed; when it turns to goldenrod color, turn the heat to medium or low medium to avoid the sugar is burned… and then turn off the heat when it’s done.
How to make Wet Sweetened Ginger-Papaya
“Mut Gung Deo – Uyen Thy’s Cooking” Video in Vietnamese
- 1 lb ginger + 1/2 lb papaya + 1.5 lb sugar
- 1 lb ginger :: 1/2 lb papaya
- may add medium coconut or calamondin or pineapple or dried banana…
- for less ginger tasting, add more papaya
- for more ginger tasting, add less papaya